Scottish Herpetology Meeting 2011 - Programme
Written by Anna Muir
Tuesday, 18 October 2011 16:32
A day of presentations and discussion bringing together researchers, workers and hobbyists involved with amphibians and reptiles across Scotland.
Scottish Herpetology Meeting 2011
Saturday 5th November, Glasgow
- 09:30-10:00 Registration
- 10:00-10:15 Welcome and Introduction
- 10:15-10:45 Roger Downie (Froglife and University of Glasgow) "Froglife: enhancing amphibian (and reptile) sites in Scotland
- 10:45-11:15 David Bell (Fife Amphibian and Reptile Group) "One pond after another"
- 11:15-11:45 Coffee break
- 11:45-12:15 Trevor Rose (BHS and Friends of Angus Herpetofauna) "Common lizard capers at Kinnaber Moor"
- 12:15-12:45 Chris Cathrine (Caledonian Conservation Ltd. and Clyde ARG) "Grass snakes in Scotland: a clearer view on distribution"
- 12:45-13:15 Amphibian and Reptile Conservation "tbc"
- 13:15-14:15 Lunch
- 14:15-14:45 Ben Ross (SNH) "Development licensing in Scotland: Implications for amphibians and reptiles"
- 14:45-15:30 Discussion Groups "Promoting participation in Scottish Amphibian and Reptile Groups" Chair: Peter Leach (Lothian ARG)
- "Furthering collaboration in Scotland: bringing together herpetological workers" Chair: Anna Muir (Clyde ARG and University of Glasgow)
- 15:30-16:00 Discussion group feedback and final words
To register and for further information visit
www.scottishfrogs.co.uk/SHM2011 or contact
Scottish Herpetology Meeting - Programme