ARG UK promotes the conservation of our native amphibian and reptiles and their environment by promoting and supporting the development of a network of independent Amphibian and Reptile Groups (ARGs). We do this by:
- Providing public liability insurance for ARGs.
- Providing free websites for new groups in the UK
- Supporting and helping to organise regional conferences and the annual national conference(the Herpetofauna Workers' Meeting).
- Publishing advice noteson topics related to the conservation of amphibians and reptiles.
- Managing the ARG UK 100% Fund, which provides up to £250 for ARGs to carry out practical projects for the benefit of amphibian and reptile conservation.
- Provide online recording through the Record Pool to help capture herpetofauna data from across the UK
To confirm affiliation an ARG should:
Complete an ARG UK affiliation form ARG UK group affiliation form and return it to us.
- Ensure that the group's constitution states that it is affiliated to ARG UK. A generic template is available for your group to adapt to its own requirements ARG UK generic constitution revised Dec 2013